Monday, December 13, 2010

My Thoughts on Teamwork in the Master/slave Relationship

I believe that in any good relationship there has to be a teamwork dynamic established in order for the relationship to work to its greatest extent. While I’m not a fan of divided responsibility in the teamwork process, I am a fan of having clearly defined jobs/tasks and responsibilities set out and each doing his/her best to accomplish those tasks for the benefit of each other and the relationship as a whole. As the Master, it is my responsibility to define the tasks that exist in the relationship and who should be doing them and how. It is the slave’s responsibility to perform the tasks assigned to her to the best of her ability and in the time designated to get the tasks accomplished. While I expect to participate in tasks when needed, or assist my slave when the task is outside of her physical limitations, that does not excuse her of accomplishing those tasks as assigned. I view that participation as part of the “team effort” to get the necessary tasks accomplished and that benefits the two of us and the relationship as a whole. One of the things I try to be is a very organized person. From my upbringing at home to the time I spent in the Navy, I learned that everything should have a place and everything should be in that place. This saves confusion and time trying to “find” things or accomplish other tasks that need to be done. As part of a team effort, I expect my slave to follow that pattern of organization and thus further strengthen the relationship by eliminating a disorganized situation that might affect it. By learning where things go and keeping them in their place together as a team we make our lives simpler, less confusing, and much more organized. While I understand there is a learning curve for a slave to become proficient at this, I also expect that she will put in her due diligence to learn and understand where things go and why, so her thought processes become automatic about organization as well.  Overall there are many tasks to accomplish during the course of daily life and these tasks need to be accomplished in an efficient, timely manner and in a teamwork fashion in order to maintain a well functioning existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment