Saturday, December 18, 2010

Effective Communications Between Master and slave

It is my belief that a very high level of communication should exist between Master and slave. In this day and age of instant communication, there should be very few instances where communication between the two would not be possible, either in person, or by electronic means. (i.e., cell phone, texting, instant messaging, or email.) I believe that good and frequent communication between the Master and slave is an essential part of managing the relationship for the Master but also getting feedback from the slave in order to make informed decisions that can affect the relationship in one way or another. Speaking for myself, I have never been one to have the ability to read minds or look into the future. I work in the present and depend on information to make proper and informed decisions. I expect my slave to communicate her thoughts and feelings and that those thoughts and feelings are used by me to help me make informed and  proper decisions for the both of us. While it is my responsibility to make those decisions, the more information I have beforehand the better and more appropriate my decisions can be. Good, clear and concise communications can also help prevent misunderstandings between Master and slave.  If I assign a task and the task is not clear to the slave then it is the slave’s responsibility to tell me that her instructions are not clear to her and in what areas the instructions need to be explained. This, to me, insures that the task that’s been assigned will get done properly and the way I intend it to get done. It also means that the slave does not have to interpret what has been assigned to her but can go and perform the task without questions or problems. It is also the slave’s responsibility to ask questions in the proper way. If she needs information in an area or on a topic, she needs to ask clearly and concisely about the topic and not “beat around the bush” as it were. While I understand that learning this type of thing takes time, trust and being introspective, I believe that this is a very worthwhile endeavor and should be an essential part of the training of any slave.
I also believe that a slave should learn to be introspective about her emotions and feelings and learn to communicate them to her Master as well. This, to me, is another very important part of the Master/slave relationship. I, as a Master cannot read minds or feel the emotions of a slave. It is her responsibility to look into herself and analyze her feelings and emotions, be those feelings or emotions good or bad, and communicate those feelings. While it is understood that this skill does not come easy, as we all tend to keep our emotions to ourselves for the most part, I believe that working together and training can make this skill an important part of the relationship and make it work much better as a whole. I also believe that this is a two way street. As a Master, it is also my responsibility to communicate my emotions to my slave so that she understands what I’m feeling as well and doesn’t misinterpret my feelings as something that they are not.  As an example, if I should become angry at myself for something I did or a decision I made, it’s my responsibility to explain that anger to my slave so she understands that I’m not angry with her for something she’s done. It’s also my responsibility to express my emotions and feelings toward her as well, just as it’s her responsibility to express hers to me. I believe these things to be one of the most important parts of a strong Master/slave relationship and should be learned and followed always.

No comments:

Post a Comment