Sunday, December 26, 2010

Anger In a Master/slave Relationship

One of the things that I don’t believe in is expressing Anger in the lifestyle.. I don’t believe that anger has any place in the lifestyle what-so-ever..  While everyone gets angry at some point over various things that happen in life, it should not enter into the realm of the Master/slave relationship.. This is explained to the slave up front at the beginning of the relationship.. If she's upset or angry about something, whether it be relating to us or relating to other sources or actions, she simply has to come to me and communicate her feelings before they become a negative influence.. While there are many reasons for anger in one’s self, the primary reason is dissatisfaction of something that we believe should be different or doesn’t meet with our approval. In general, it is a emotion that is not conducive to the well being of the relationship or even one’s self..  As a Master, it is my responsibility to help my slave keep a happy and pleasing frame of mind. It is also in my best interests for her to be so as well, and why I have put in the mechanism for her to prevent that emotion from entering into our relationship as often as possible..  While I fully understand this will take time to instill in her I do believe it is in our best interest to do so..  As I've explained in a previous blog, I believe the relationship itself, its well being and growth, are the primary goal in the Master/slave relationship, I also believe that anger, left unchecked, can tear the relationship down faster than any other emotion. It is my responsibility to keep the relationship healthy and happy. That also means that I must control my own anger as well should it appear. While I don’t tend to get angry too often, like everyone else it creeps into me as well.. I am often angry at myself for making/doing stupid things. While I'm admittedly far from perfect, I try to do things properly and sometimes get angry at myself when I don’t. We're all human. Should I get angry it is my responsibility to communicate that with my slave as well, so she understands why and can either help or at least not misunderstand the emotion in me and blame herself for something I did.. I would like to think that if the time ever comes that something she says or does has the potential for creating anger in me, that I will talk with her about it and hopefully get it resolved before it becomes an issue for us.. In short, I believe that good communication is the key to a healthy and happy relationship and by far the best answer to the prevention/control of anger within it..

No comments:

Post a Comment