Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Thoughts on Listening to Your Slave

I believe that a Master should learn everything there is to know about his slave in order to better understand her properly and be able to meet her needs better. The only way I’ve found to truly learn about a slave is to talk to them, and have them talk back to you. When a slave does talk, you need to be able to listen to what they have to say as well as have the ability to understand what they mean. It has been my experience that a when you talk to a slave, what she says isn’t always what she means, and as her Master you need to have the knowledge and ability to understand both parts of what’s being said. I’ve known many truly wise and extremely well educated Masters in my life. Seven of them trained me for 3 years before I got my teaching credential at a club I once belonged to, but I have never met one that was a mind reader or who could learn about a slave without good communication and a good exchange of information between them. Getting a slave to freely talk about herself to you becomes another issue however. That can be a long process that in some cases needs to be approached gently and carefully. A slave may have many things that need to be talked about to better understand her, but they may be too difficult for her to talk about or perhaps be blocked out due to trauma or even PTSD. These types of things maybe be the most important things to learn and understand as well, and the slave needs to understand the importance of communicating those things to her Master. It is the Master’s responsibility to learn these things and make them better for his slave and as a result make the relationship between them better.
How this process is accomplished becomes another issue though. While I don’t believe that a Master needs a degree in psychology to accomplish this, I do believe that a Master should have an elementary understanding of the psychological process and know how to use and apply it to the relationship. This education is easy to come by in most public libraries as there are many texts on the subject, and is well within the reach of most all Masters. This in my opinion goes back to a Master becoming educated and applying that education to his relationship to make it better and help it prosper.  
In summary, LISTEN to your slave and everything she has to say, as those things may be the very keys a Master needs to unlock a much better relationship between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment